Marriage Visa UK – Getting Married?

Marriage visa UK

Marriage Visa UK – If you are a couple and you intend to get married in the United Kingdom you may want to apply for permission to enter the UK known as Entry Clearance. Entry Clearance applies to people who are nationals from outside the EEA. If you do not need a visa to visit the UK ie you are from the United States, you are still required to apply for Entry Clearance for  the purpose of marriage or civil partnership in the UK.

1. You will need to apply for a Marriage / Civil Partner Visit Visa

Marriage / Civil Partner Visit Visa – Is available if you want to get married or register a civil partnership in the UK and you’re not planning to stay or settle in the UK after the ceremony or when your visa expires.

2. How to get married in the UK

  1. You must give notice at your local register office in the UK
  2. Hold a civil or religious ceremony 28 days after giving your notice

Basic Requirements

  • Demonstrate you have permission to marry in the UK known as Entry Clearance.
  • You must have two witnesses of your marriage.
  • The premises in which you marry must be recognised by the Home Office.
  • You must marry within the time frame of your visa.
  • You must pay a fee to register your marriage/ civil partnership
  • If you are applying for the Marriage/ Civil Partnership visit visa you must leave the UK on or before the expiry date of the visa
  • If you are applying for Family of a Settled Person visa otherwise known as a Spouse Visa please click on the button below.

If you would like more information on how to apply for a Marriage Visit Visa or would like to know more about settling in the UK through your marriage to a British citizen please contact us directly.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *