Skilled Worker Visa cost for employers
The Home Office fees for applying for a sponsor licence and subsequent fees associated to issuing sponsorship to an individual.
You will be charged a fee for the below circumstances:
- For your initial application for a sponsor licence which is valid for 4 years
- Should you need to extend your licence for a further 4 years
- If you are applying to extend the scope of an existing licence (adding different sponsorship routes such as sportsperson)
- each certificate of sponsorship you assign to an eligible individual
- any additional fast track services after your licence has been granted such as to fast track your application or to manage an employer change of circumstances.
The application fee for a sponsor licence depends wholly on the type of licence you are applying for and the size or status of your organisation. You are eligible to pay the ‘small’ fee if you:
- are applying for a licence under the Temporary Worker routes only
- have charitable status
- are subject to the small companies’ regime for example for accounting periods beginning on or after 1 January 2016, a small company must meet at least 2 of the following conditions: annual turnover must be not more than £10.2 million. The balance sheet total must be not more than £5.1 million. The average number of employees must be not more than 50
- are a sole trader (not a company) and you employ fewer than 50 people
- In all other cases, you must pay the ‘large’ fee.
The fee is solely for consideration of your licence application. You will not be refunded should the UKVI decide to refuse your application, or you decide to withdraw from the process.
Skilled Worker Visa Costs
- Small Company Licence Application Fee – £536 no Vat
- Large Company Licence Application Fee – £1476 no Vat
- Certificate of Sponsorship Fee – £199 no Vat
- Pre-Licence Fast Track Fee – £500 no Vat
- Immigration Skills Charge Small company (please check whether this applies to your individual) £364/ year of sponsorship
- Immigration Skills Charge Large company (please check whether this applies to your individual) £1000/year of sponsorship
Need some support?
Our team specialise in Business Immigration and the Skilled Worker route. We advise employers on how to navigate the complex sponsorship licence process. We have a proven record, and we are very competitive.
The UKVI fees for sponsorship have not risen in recent years however there are additional costs your firm may have to bear. We can help you work out the budget you will need to sponsor an individual under Skilled Worker and all the rest. Contact Us.