Schengen visas are available to individuals who have a valid visa to live in the UK and need to travel within the States of Europe for business, tourism or visiting friends and family. Some nationals from certain countries do not require a Schengen visa to visit Europe however please find a list of those who do below:
|Azerbaijan||Guinea-Bissau||Papua New Guinea|
|Benin||Iran||Sao Tome And Principe|
|Central African Republic||Lebanon||Syria|
|Dem. Rep. Of Congo||Mali||Tunisia|
Schengen Visa States
There are 26 Schengen States: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.
- Your Schengen visa will be valid for no more than 90 days in a 180 day period
- You can apply for a single entry, or double entry and once you have held the Schengen visa once and there have been no problems, next time, you may apply for a multiple entry Schengen visa.
- You will be required to register your biometrics.
- You must apply at least 15 days in advance or less than 3 months in advance of your planned trip.
- The processing fee for adults is €60.
- The processing fee for children aged between 6 -12 is €35
- There is also an embassy fee to take into account, this varies depending on which one you are applying from.
- Standard decision timelines for such an application vary from 2 working days to 15 working days.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How long your visa is valid for is based on your application? If you only justify 2 weeks then that is what they will give you.
- Which country to apply to if you are intending to travel to more than one European country in one period of travel? The country you enter first or if just transiting through the first country, it is the country you intend to spend the most amount of time in.
Types of Schengen visa available:
- Transit visa(Schengen Visa A)
- Tourism visa (Schengen Visa C – Short term. Applies to the rest of the options)
- Visa for Visiting Family or Friends (any old family member)
- Business visa
- Visa for Culture and Sport activities
- Study visa
- Visa for Medical Reasons
If you need assistance in the application process we are now offering a Schengen Visa application service. Please call our office today and enquire about our fees and service.