What is a Start-up Visa?
The UK Start-Up Visa is now closed to new applications – However you may still apply if you have received an ‘endorsement letter’ from an authorised body before 13 April 2023. You must apply within 3 months of the issue date on your endorsement letter.
The Start-up Visa is a UK visa that allows overseas entrepreneurs with entry-level business experience to come to the UK to establish an innovative business. There is no requirement to have investment funds to secure a Start-up visa.
To be eligible for a Start-up visa, you must:
- Be 18 years old or over
- Have a business plan for a unique, innovative, viable, and scalable business
- Have your business plan endorsed by an approved UK endorsing body
- Have (or be developing) the business skills needed to establish a business in the UK
- Meet the English language requirements
The Start-up visa allows you to stay in the UK for up to two years. After two years, you can apply to extend your visa further.
If you are successful in your Start-up visa application, you will be able to:
- Live and work in the UK
- Bring your family members with you
- Access the UK’s public services
- Start a business in the UK
Here are some additional details about the visa:
- The business plan must be endorsed by an approved UK endorsing body. There are a number of different endorsing bodies, each with its own specific criteria. You can find a list of approved endorsing bodies on the UK government website.
- The English language requirements are the same as for other UK visas. You must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English to at least CEFR level B1.
- The Start-up visa is a points-based visa. This means that your application will be assessed against a number of factors, including your age, skills, experience, and English language ability. You will need to score enough points to meet the minimum requirement in order to be granted a visa.
If you are an overseas entrepreneur with a great business idea, the Start-up visa could be the perfect way for you to start a business in the UK. Contact an immigration us today to discuss your eligibility and to help you with your application.
Need help with your Start-up Visa
Our team of experts are here to provide assistance, if you would like to take advantage of our experience, knowledge please call and get regulated Immigration advice.