UK Ancestry Visa
An application for a UK Ancestry Visa is considered on the basis that you are a national from a commonwealth country and that you have a grandparent born within the shores of the United Kingdom.
- Be a Commonwealth citizen.
- Be over the age of 17 years.
- Demonstrate you have a grandparent born within the shores of the United Kingdom.
- Show that you intend to maintain and support yourself through employment in the UK.
You cannot apply for the Ancestry visa whilst you are in the UK on another visa, you must return home and make an application from there. You are required to make an application online and then submit your supporting documents at the designated Visa Application Centre (VAC) in your home country.
- The UK Ancestry Visa is issued for a period of five years.
- Switch into this visa in the United Kingdom.
- You may apply for a UK ancestry visa renewal for a further term. However many people apply for ILR after they have completed 5 years in the UK Ancestry Visa category.
- You may work without restriction, employed or self-employed.
- This visa leads to settlement after 5 years.
- You may bring your dependants on this visa.