Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme
The Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme is a temporary worker visa which allows people to enter the UK for a period of up to 24 months. You may work on a temporary contract for any industry for a period for up to 2 years. This visa allows you to exit and re-enter the UK for the term of the visa.
- The age requirements are 18 to 30 years.
- You must have sufficient maintenance funds of £1,890.
- This visa is only available to nationals from the following countries – Australia, Canada, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Republic of Korea and Taiwan.
- You can apply if you are a British Overseas National.
- You will need to be sponsored under the Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme if you are a Hong Kong national or a national from the Republic of Korea or Taiwan.
You must apply for a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme visa in your country of residence.
- The visa is valid for up to 24 months.
- You cannot extend this visa beyond 24 months.
- This visa category is in a temporary worker category and therefore does not permit you to settle in the UK.
- You may switch from Tier 5 Youth Mobility into a partner visa.
- You must pay the Immigration Health Surcharge.