Tier 2 Skilled Worker

Tier 2 Skilled Worker – General

The tier 2 skilled worker general visa category is available for non-European nationals. It helps UK registered companies recruit unique skills from abroad, in order to encourage business growth. The company must be licensed to sponsor under Tier 2. If you have an employer who wants to sponsor you please arrange for them to get in contact with our Business Immigration Team.

Tier 2 skilled worker general – Basic requirements

There are a number of complexities surrounding this visa category. Whether you are an employer or individual, it is advisable to seek regulated immigration advice.

Tier 2 Skilled Worker General Process

  • The business or organisation offering you employment must attain an Employers Sponsor Licence issued by the Home Office.
  • This licence permits the employer or organisation to apply for a Certificate of Sponsorship.
  • You need a Certificate of Sponsorship in order to make a valid tier 2 visa application.
  • You may apply to switch into this category from within the UK, providing you have valid leave and you are in a category which permits you to switch in country.

Key Information

  • You can bring your family here as dependants.
  • You can apply for a Tier 2 extension for up to 5 years.
  • You may apply for settlement after 5 years of continuous leave in the UK.
  • You can switch from other PBS categories into this Tier.
  • This visa is a route to Naturalisation
Registered in England 04011191.
OISC Number: F200400098.
Website by jantsDesign Ltd