Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer
Overview – Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer (ICT) is available for UK companies who have a sister company set up legitimately elsewhere in the world and want to transfer a key individual from the sister company to the UK operation.
There are two types of Intra Company Transfer visas:
Long Term – One of the prerequisites is that you have already worked for your employer overseas for at least 12 months. Or you earn a salary of more than £73,900 a year.
Graduate – Open for graduates who are involved in the graduate training scheme for the company for specialist roles. You must have held three months experience with your employer overseas to qualify.
- You have been offered a job in the UK branch by your overseas employer.
- You are a national from outside the EEA.
- Your prospective employer holds a Tier 2 Licence.
- You must meet the appropriate salary threshold.
- You have a valid Certificate of Sponsorship.
- Experience of working with your employer overseas for a period of 12 months prior to coming to the UK.
- The business or organisation offering you the transfer opportunity to work in the UK branch has attained a Tier 2 Employer Sponsor Licence issued by the Home Office.
- The licence permits the employer or organisation to apply for a Certificate of Sponsorship on your behalf.
You will need a Certificate of Sponsorship in order to make a valid Tier 2 application.
- You may apply inside the UK or outside the UK from your country of residence, depending on your individual circumstances.
- Your visa is valid for up to 12 months.
- Permitted to bring your family as dependants.
- You can switch from into Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer, however there are restrictions in place.
- Can apply to extend your visa however there are restrictions in place.
- This visa is not a route to settlement.