Un-Married Partner Visa
Like the spouse visa UK, the Un-Married Partner visa is open to individuals who want to join their British or settled partner here in the United Kingdom. In order to find out whether you are eligible for the visa please read below for the basic requirements or contact our office today to book a consultation.
Un-Married Partner – Basic Requirements
- All applicants must be 18 years old or over.
- You must show your relationship is genuine and subsisting.
- You must meet the financial requirement in order to show that you can maintain and accommodate yourself and any non-British dependant family members.
- There are a number of ways you can meet the financial requirement, for example via an annual income of more than £18,600 or savings of more than £62,500.
- You can also combine other income types from pension and/or income from a property portfolio.
- If you are a national from a majority English speaking country you may be exempted from the English Language requirement.
- You must pay the Immigration Health Surcharge. The IHS is set to rise on 18th December 2018
- Nationals from certain countries are required to pass a Tuberculosis Test.
Un – Married Partner – Process
- Apply using the online form from your country of residence.
- Book an appointment to register your biometrics.
- You must submit your documents to the UKVI.
- Once your application has been approved you will be issued a 30 day Entry Clearance Visa Vignette.
- The vignette will permit you to enter the UK and collect your Biometric Residence Permit.
Un- Married Partner – Key Information
- Your Biometrics Residence Card is issued for a term of 30 months.
- Before the expiry date of your visa you may extend for a further term of 30 months,
- All partner visa routes lead to Indefinite Leave to Remain after five years, providing you can show you meet all the requirements.
- If you are in the UK on a visa valid for more than 6 months you may switch in country.