Spouse Visa UK
The Spouse Visa UK is open to individuals who want to join their British or settled partner here in the United Kingdom. In order to find out whether you are eligible for the visa please read below.
Spouse Visa UK Requirements
- All applicants must be 18 years old or over.
- The marriage and civil partnership must be recognised under UK law.
- You must meet the financial requirement in order to show that you can maintain and accommodate yourself.
- You must be able to maintain and accommodate any non-British dependant family members.
- There are a number of ways you can meet the financial requirement, for example via an annual income of more than £18,600 or savings of more than £62,500. You can also combine other income types from pension and/or income from a property portfolio.
- If you are a national from a majority English speaking country you may be exempted from the English Language requirement.
- You must pay the Immigration Health Surcharge. The IHS is set to rise on 18th December 2018
- Nationals from certain countries are required to pass a Tuberculosis Test.
- You can apply for a spouse visa UK using the online form from your country of residence.
- Book an appointment to register your biometrics.
- You must submit your documents to the UKVI.
- Once your application has been approved you will be issued a 30 day Entry Clearance Visa Vignette which will permit you to enter the UK and collect your Biometric Residence Permit.
- The Biometrics Residence Card is issued initially for 33 months.
- Before the expiry date of your visa you may renew your spouse visa UK for a further term of 30 months,
- All partner visa routes lead to a Settlement visa in the UK after five years, providing you can show you meet all the requirements.
- If you are currently in the UK on a visa which is valid for more than 6 months you may switch in country.
We provide a number of representation services to suit your budgetary requirements. If you would like the confidence in making an accurate spousal visa UK application please call us and book a consultation with one of our regulated visa consultants.