Marriage Visit Visa
If you intend to get married in the United Kingdom you must apply for permission to enter the UK known as a Marriage Visit Visa. Regardless of whether you are a visa national or non -visa national you are still required to apply for this particular visa for the purpose of marriage.
This visa is available if you want to get married or register a civil partnership in the UK and you’re not planning to stay or settle in the UK beyond the 6 month term.
How do I get married in the UK?
- You must give notice at your local register office in the UK.
- Hold a civil or religious ceremony 28 days after giving your notice.
- You must get married within the validity of the visa.
Marriage Visit Visa – Basic Requirements
- Demonstrate you have permission to marry in the UK known as Entry Clearance.
- You must have two witnesses of your marriage.
- The premises your marriage takes place must be registered with the Home Office.
- You must marry within the time frame of your visa.
- Pay a fee to register your marriage/ civil partnership.
- You must leave the UK on or before the expiry date of the visa.
- If you want to settle in the United Kingdom with your British/ settled spouse, you must return to your country of residence and apply for a Spouse Visa UK.