Fiance Visa UK

Fiancé Visa UK

The Fiancé Visa is open to individuals who want to marry their British partner and settle in the United Kingdom. The process is split in to two applications. In order to find out whether you are eligible for the visa please read below for the basic requirements or contact our office today to book a consultation.

Fiancé Visa UK- Marriage & Settlement Visa Requirements

  • You must hold valid leave, permitting you to marry in the UK.
  • All applicants must be 18 years old or over.
  • The marriage/ civil partnership is recognised under UK law.
  • Meet the financial requirement in order to show that you can maintain and accommodate yourself and any non-British dependant family members.
  • There are a number of ways you can meet the financial requirement, for example via an annual income of more than £18,600 or savings of more than £62,500.
  • You can also combine other income types from pension and/or income from a property portfolio.
  • If you are a national from a majority English speaking country you may be exempted from the English Language requirement.
  • You must pay the Immigration Health Surcharge.
  • Nationals from certain countries are required to pass a Tuberculosis Test, please click here to find out whether your country of residence is on the list.

Fiancé Visa UK- Process

1st Application – 6 month Visa

  • You can apply using the online form from your country of residence.
  • Book an appointment to register your bio-metrics.
  • Submit your documents to the UKVI.
  • Following approval,  you will be issued a 6 month visa vignette which will permit you to enter the UK and marry your British partner.

2nd Application – 30 month visa

  • Following your marriage you can make an application under the Family settlement category in the United Kingdom.

UK Fiancé Visa -Key Information

  • Fiance Application   – Your initial visa is valid for 6 months only.
  • Spouse Application – Your spouse visa is valid for an initial term of 30 months.
  • Prior to the expiry date of your visa you must apply to extend your UK spouse visa for a further term of 30 months
  • All partner visa routes lead to Indefinite Leave to Remain after five years.
  • If you currently hold a different visa with valid leave issued for more than 6 months. You can switch to this visa in-country.
Registered in England 04011191.
OISC Number: F200400098.
Website by jantsDesign Ltd