About our Naturalisation services
We understand the sensitivity of embarking on a very important and life changing application especially when you have spent years working toward it. It is important you have the right adviser to help represent the application, providing you with the best possible opportunity of success.
Naturalisation is the term used for people who have been processed through the immigration system, have made their home here in the UK and would like to apply to become British usually after 5 years of continuous residency. There are other applications for those who have a right through lineage to apply for Nationality and in most cases they will apply to register as British.
Do you qualify?
- You must be 18 years old or over.
- You have held settlement in the UK for at least 12 months at the time of making your application, either under Indefinite Leave to Remain, or as an EEA national with permanent residence or settled status.
- You do not have excessive absences from the UK during the qualifying period, ie more than 450 days in the last 5 years and absences have not exceeded 90 days 12 months immediately prior to submitting your application.
- You must satisfy the Home Office that you have met the Knowledge of Language and life in the UK Koll requirement
- You are of ‘good character’ and do not have a recent criminal record and have not broken any immigration laws or conditions while in the UK during you stay here.
How we can help
Exploring your options
- We provide an initial ‘preliminary’ virtual meeting to establish your Immigration history as well as some basic advice. If you would like the assurance of whether you meet the rules we can provide an in-depth review of your circumstances during a consultation.
Educating you on the steps
- The consultation will assess whether you meet the full criteria of Indefinite Leave to Remain. This process can be quite complex depending on your residency and how long you have spent outside the UK.
- If we are not satisfied that you meet the requirements at this stage we may ask to review documentation to evidence your eligibility before proceeding to offer our representation services. Our firm will not take on an application if we feel it will fail.
Preparing your case
- Our service offer will set out the process and opinion of making a naturalisation application along with the relevant fees and process.
- Following our offer and after engagement we will provide a tailored list of specific documentation and will review the documentation against meeting the naturalisation requirements, residence criteria and criminality.
- Upload the finalised information to the online visa application and submit the finalised document bundle along with our Cover Letter which sets out your history, eligibility and how you meet it.
Supporting you on the way
- General on-hand support during the whole process.
- Liaise with UKVI officials should further enquiries be made. This could be due to having a previous Immigration history, or UKVI may make further enquiries if the application is of a complex nature, particularly residency relating to time spent outside the UK.
Find out how we can help.
We would be happy to help you get through this milestone.
The UK naturalisation application fee of £1,330
You may apply online through the UKVI website, you will then be required to attend an appointment and submit your biometric information, in some cases you may have already provided your biometrics and therefore may not be required to submit them again.
The Nationality department will then review your application and supporting documents alongside your Immigration history, tax records and criminality. If your application is approved you will receive an Invitation to attend a citizenship ceremony at a centre within your locality.