The Visa Office Ltd (“we”) take your privacy seriously and we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our website www.visa-office.com, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement and our data Protection policy.
This policy describes how and why we obtain, store and process data which can identify you.
2. Information we may collect from you.
- Name, contact information, enquiries, queries or feedback to enable us to make contact with you to discuss your enquiry.
- Email address
- Information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques through Google Analytics
- Improve the site by monitoring how you use it.
- Gather feedback to improve our services,
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site
- If you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence, this will most likely be due to your desire to use one of our services which requires us to use the correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our site (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise)
3. Uses made of the information.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented intuitively to enable improved user experiences
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so and only in future if such services are available for the purpose.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
4. Disclosure of your information.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
To enable us to perform services requested by you or with your prior consent.
If you give your consent, we will pass your contact details to third parties who may then occasionally send communications to you to provide information, offers and services that may interest you.
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of business and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or the safety of our employees, clients or others. This includes exchanging information with other businesses and organisations for the purpose of fraud, tricks and scam protection.
5. Data Protection
The Visa Office Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner in the UK as a “data controller” in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018. Further details of the registration are available at www.ico.org.uk.
6. Security and where we store your personal data.
Where your data is stored
We store your data on data encrypted secure servers within the United Kingdom.
Keeping information about you secure is very important to us and certain sections of the site may encrypt transmitted data using SSL.
Keeping your data secure
- Sending information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data while it is in transit.
- Any data you send is at your own risk.
- We have procedures and security features in place to keep your data encrypted and secure once we receive it.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How long will my data be stored?
If you have engaged our services to represent you your data will be stored in line with our Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner Regulation – Code of Standards Code 57;
57. An organisation must ensure that all client records are kept for at least six years, and thereafter for the client file and associated electronic data to be securely deleted or destroyed.
If we hold your data outside of any engagement, this may be through an enquiry you have made or interest through any registration processes we will hold your data in line with the
7. IP addresses and cookies.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify an individual
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies.
8. Your rights.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
The Data Protection Act gives you rights to access information held about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our administration costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the data we hold about you, you can make a Subject Access Request (SAR) application by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Have you any questions?