The Immigration Bill 2015/2016 has now received Royal Assent and will be known as the Immigration Act 2016. The Bill which was introduced in September 2015 was designed to:
- Reduce illegal migration
- Protect UK public services
- Tackle exploitation of low-skilled worker
For more information please make sure you watch the Queens’ Speech today 18th May 2016 at 11.30.
The Immigration Act 2016 will enforce the following:
- New sanctions on illegal workers and employers who flout the law
- Provide better coordination of regulators that enforce workers’ rights
- Take further steps to prevent illegal migrants in the UK from accessing housing, driving licences and bank accounts
- New measures to make it easier to enforce immigration laws and remove illegal migrants
If you need advice or are unsure of whether this affects you please contact us directly.