If you are an EEA National living in the UK as a Qualified Person currently you don’t need to apply for a document to prove you can live in the UK unless:

  • You want to start the process of reaching naturalisation before March 2019.
  • You’re an extended family member of someone from the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland. For example an un-married partner, relative or dependent.
  • You want to sponsor your partner’s visa application under the Immigration Rules.

Will EEA Nationals have to apply for a visa to live in the UK?

A new Immigration Status  is anticipated for EU citizens and their family members to stay in the UK after the United Kingdom leaves the EU.

Exiting the EU and UK residence

The Home Office has confirmed there will be no change to the rights and status of EU citizens living in the UK while the UK remains in the EU. For further information about Brexit please click on the following government link:

Why do UK businesses employ EEA migrants? The simple answer is because they are the best available candidates. Migration Advisory Committee.

UK companies employing EEA Nationals

As the uncertainty continues, a growing number of very talented EU nationals are leaving the UK in anticipation of an undetermined legal framework which may restrict free movement and labour to the United Kingdom. This is a cause for concern for many  UK Employers who rely on skilled European labour to grow their businesses, another economic flaw in the unstable UK economy? It doesn’t have to be. UK employers may have to consider supporting their workforce by securing their European staff members ‘Immigration Status’ here in the United Kingdom.

For more information about our EEA application services for employers, please call us on 0207 836 8505.


Registered in England 04011191.
OISC Number: F200400098.
Website by jantsDesign Ltd