Tier 2 Employer Sponsor Licence
How can we help you?
We provide all our prospective clients with a complimentary initial consultation which will assist in kick starting the preliminary stages of the application process. Inline with the services we provide we succeed in removing the burdened stress of administration deadlines and technical problems that are very much present in a changing legal world.
Whether you hold an existing licence or simply commencing the application process, it is important to do it right. We specialise in Employer Sponsor Licences and have done so since the introduction of the points based system in 2008.
UK Visa Sponsorship for Employers
A Tier 2 employer sponsor licence is the chief mechanism in providing sponsorship for skilled migrants to work in the UK. The Employer Sponsor Licence demonstrates your organisational ability to qualify and employ international candidates in accordance with regulation designed to protect the UK resident labour market and the value of skilled labour in the United Kingdom.
Employing a specific skill-set or range of experience can be vital to the growth of any business. Whether you are part of an international organisation wishing to relocate staff to the UK or a UK business and can’t find the right UK / EU resident applicants. The Tier 2 Employer Sponsor Licence allows you to acquire people from outside the single market of Europe.
The Tier 2 Licence allows you to sponsor individuals under the following categories:
Tier 2 Employer Sponsor Licence Application Process
Stage 1 – Resident Labour Market Test
You may be required to undertake a Resident Labour Market Test (RLMT) prior to applying for your Licence. This demonstrates to the Home Office that you have a need for skills which you cannot fulfil via the UK Resident Labour Market.
Stage 2 – Online application process and consideration.
- You can apply for your sponsor licence via the online Sponsor Management System portal.
- Submit the required documentation for assessment.
- Pay the Sponsor Licence fee
- The Home Office processing time for a Tier 2 Employer Sponsor Licence is 8 – 10 weeks.
- It is likely you will receive a pre-licence audit from an Home Office Compliance Officer. They will visit your offices to ensure you have the right processes in place to maintain your sponsorship duties. This usually takes place 6 – 8 weeks into the application.
Stage 3 – After Licence approval:
- After you have been appointed tier 2 visa sponsors it is a requirement that you appoint key personnel to operate the Sponsor Management System and carry out the compliance duties associated to the Employer Sponsor Licence.
- Access the Sponsor Management System (SMS) and assign a Certificate of Sponsorship (COS).
- Pay the Immigration Skills Charge.
- The applicant must then make their application for a company sponsorship visa.