The Sponsor Licence Renewal
The new Points Based System rules which came in to force on 1st December 2020 have brought about a new Skilled worker system. If you held a Licence before this date the relevant amendments have been made automatically to allow you to continue to operate and renew your licence as you have done in the past.
Your PBS Licence is valid for a period of 4 years after which time you will be required to apply to renew your Licence for a further term if you continue to employ a migrant workforce or if you intend to employ overseas nationals in the future, an early renewal application will ensure continuity of Sponsorship for your current migrant workers. You will usually receive a reminder to renew your PBS Licence from UKVI 3 months prior to the licence expiry date.
How we can help
Modern businesses have various operational changes during their lifespan, including turn over of key staff members. When renewing a licence it is vital that it is up to date and compliant with the Home office reposting duties. We can help and support this process by unpicking a whole host of anomalies while simultaneously ‘future proofing’ your business trends and Human Resource processes.
Exploring your options
- We provide a ‘Future Proof’ virtual meeting to establish the overall intent of the company. In most cases the company size may have changed during the life of the licence, which means it may have to meet other requirements to renew the licence.
- Other requirements may have to be met if the business structure changes or if there are any changes to ownership, shareholdings and trading names.
Educating you on the steps
- Advise on Immigration rule changes and new compliance requirements pertinent to the operations of the business.
- Advise on any rules that the company may be in breach due to changes of ownership, shareholding and trading names.
- Advise on changes to be made to the licence as a result of business growth
- Make recommendations to the company for their on-going personnel and compliance records
Preparing your case
- We provide you with a tailored list of specific documentation and advise on how it should be presented to the UKVI.
- Draft your online sponsor licence application renewal
- Update the Licence with any changes of circumstance to the business
Supporting you on the way
- Brief the Key Personnel on their on-going compliance duties and responsibilities
- Provide on-going support until the licence renewal has been formally undertaken
- On hand to advise during an ‘on the spot’ UKVI licence audit.
Find out how wan can help you.
If you have recently inherited responsibility of the company skilled worker licence or have been appointed Authorising Officer you may need assistance getting up to speed.
Frequently asked questions
The Sponsor Licence fee for a Tier 2 Sponsor Licence renewal is; SME’s the Licence fee is £536 (not subject to VAT) and for a Medium or Large organisation is £1,476. If you have a micro company or charitable status, please expect the fee to be £536 (not subject to VAT).
If the sponsor licence has expired and you failed to renew it in time the migrants who are sponsored will be working for you illegally. If this is the case you must seek advice immediately in order to start the process of regularising the situation.
When the person in your firm, who is responsible for the Sponsor Licence, is leaving it is important that they appoint a successor who is eligible to take on the additional role, and provide a full and thorough handover. If you are in any doubt of your responsibilities or you are having difficulty unpicking things, please call us, we will be able to put things in context for you.