Does my Business qualify for a Skilled Worker Licence?
The UKVI will refuse an application if it falls short of key eligibility. It is important the application has been prepared thoroughly and carefully, ensuring all aspects of the sponsorship requirements have been met. Our experienced team provide a full proof service for Skilled Worker Sponsor Licence applications.
How we can help
A new Points Based System has been introduced to reflect the changing needs for sponsors to access Nationals from outside of the UK. From January 2021 any company who wants to employ an EU national will be required to sponsor them under the new Points Based System UK rules.
Employing a specific skill-set or range of experience can be vital to the growth of any business. Whether the company is part of an international organisation wishing to relocate staff to the UK or part of a UK business unable to find the right skills. It is important to understand the responsibilities of being a licenced sponsor.
Exploring your options
- We provide an initial ‘foundation’ virtual meeting to establish the overall business intent. To identify any compliance issues prior to commencing an application for Skilled Worker Sponsor Licence.
Educating you on the steps
- Advise and assist in overall annual migrant recruitment strategy and help you understand the critical timelines for each phase of the sponsorship process.
- Recommend the appropriate compliance measures the company would need to take to ensure its compliance within UKVI guidelines
Preparing your case
- We provide you with a tailored list of specific documentation and advise on how it should be presented to the UKVI.
- Draft your online sponsor licence application
- Interview and audit persons responsible for personnel and overall company compliance as Key Personnel in order to match UKVI expectations.
Supporting you on the way
- ‘Stress Test’ the Human Resource Systems and make recommendations
- Brief the Key Personnel on their compliance duties and responsibilities
- Available to assist during the UKVI Pre-Licence Audit process
Find out how we can help you.
Do you have any questions about the process or need advice and representation?
Skilled Worker Licence application process
You can apply for your sponsor licence via the online Sponsor Management System portal. Submit the required documentation for assessment and pay the Sponsor Licence fee. The UKVI processing time for a skilled worker Licence is up to 8 weeks.
The UKVI may visit you premises and conduct a pre-licence audit to ensure the company has the right practices, processes and Human Resource policies in place to employ legal migrants and maintain future sponsorship and compliance duties. This usually takes place before the UKVI make a decision on the application.
If the UKVI finds inadequacies in the existing systems they could refuse the application and further delay the whole on-boarding process of the chosen candidate. It is really important to ensure that the systems have been ‘stress tested’ prior to submitting the licence application.
Post Licence approval
After the company holds an approved licence it is a requirement they appoint key personnel to operate the Sponsor Management System and carry out appropriate compliance duties associated to the role this includes operational duties of the licence.
When small mistakes cause long delays…
- Providing incorrect documentation in support of your business structure
- Unclear employment mechanisms
- Out of date Human Resources personnel records
- Lack of company and HR policies
The above can potentially trigger a reapplication ban of 6 months, resulting in the loss of your targeted candidate and an unquantifiable loss of opportunity to the business.
Licence application process FAQ's
All sponsor licences are valid for 4 years
The UKVI fee for a Skilled Worker Licence application for Small to Medium Enterprises is £536 (not subject to VAT) and for a Medium to Large organisation it is £1,476. If you have a micro company or hold charitable status please expect the fee to be £536 (not subject to VAT). As a company you will be required to pay the Immigration Skills Charge as well as the processing fee for a Certificate of Sponsorship £199 (not subject to VAT). You may be invited to expedite your application for a fee of £500 (not subject to VAT).
UKVI processing time for an Employer Sponsor Licence is up to 8 weeks. Applications can take longer if they are of a complex nature.