Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa
If you are an individual applicant or part of a team looking to start a business in the UK, the administration of your tier 1 entrepreneur visa is key. The Visa Office has experience in assisting clients from all over the world, making the process as streamlined as possible so you can concentrate on growing your business.
“Getting the right Tier 1 support from the beginning will give you the opportunity to focus on your business”
Tier 1 entrepreneur visa is available to individuals who want to come to the UK:
In order to set up, takeover and to be actively involved in setting up a business; or
to run a business or businesses here in the UK. A business can be identified as an enterprise, sole trader, partnership, or a company registered in the United Kingdom.
- You are required to have access to funds exceeding £200,000 (in your control) to invest in the UK.
- The funds must be held in a regulated financial institution.
- You must be over the age of 16 years.
- It is essential to have a Business Plan setting out proposed activity in the UK and how you expect you will succeed.
- It is a requisite that you meet the ‘Genuineness’ Test.
- You must meet the English language requirement unless you are exempted.
- It is essential that you are able to maintain and support yourself and that of your dependants during the term of the visa.
- You must be able to meet the points requirement of 95 points to satisfy the Home Office.
- You and any dependants applying under this visa category must hold overseas criminal record certificates from any country you have resided in for more than 12 months prior to the application.
You may apply to switch in the UK or make an application in your country of residence. This is achieved by applying online and booking an appointment at the Visa Application Centre. Furthermore, you must submit your Biometrics and supporting documents at the same time.
- If there are two of you who want to apply for a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa in order to set up a business you are permitted to do so as an Entrepreneur Team.
- The initial visa is valid for 3 years and 4 months.
- Extend your visa for a further 3 years.
- Permitted to bring your family as dependants.
- You may apply for settlement after 5 years.
- Accelerated Settlement – Providing you meet the conditions you may settle after 3 years.