Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa UK
If you are an individual applicant or part of an entrepreneur team looking to start a business in the UK, the administration of your tier 1 visa UK entrepreneur is key. The Visa Office has experience in assisting clients from all over the world, making the process as streamlined as possible so you can concentrate on growing your business.
“Getting the right Tier 1 application support from the beginning will give you the opportunity to focus on your business”
Tier 1 entrepreneur visa is available to individuals who want to come to the UK:
In order to be actively involved in setting up a business; or to run a business or businesses here in the UK. A business can be identified as an enterprise, sole trader, partnership, or a company registered in the United Kingdom.
Tier 1 Entrepreneur UK Visa Requirements
- You are required to have access to funds exceeding £200,000 (in your control) to invest in the UK.
- The funds must be held in a regulated financial institution.
- You must be over the age of 16 years.
- It is essential to have a Business Plan setting out proposed activity in the UK and how you expect you will succeed.
- It is a requisite that you meet the ‘Genuine Entrepreneur Test.’
- You must meet the English language requirement unless you are exempted.
- It is essential that you are able to maintain and support yourself and that of your dependants during the term of the visa.
- You must be able to meet the points requirement of 95 points to satisfy the Home Office.
- You and any dependants applying under this visa category must hold overseas criminal record certificates from any country you have resided in for more than 12 months prior to the application.
- If you are applying inside the UK the Tier 1 Visa processing time can take up to 6 months to consider however there are premium same day services available inside the UK. If you are applying outside the UK please check with the Visa application centre you are applying from as processing times vary.
You may apply to switch in the UK or make an application in your country of residence. This is achieved by applying online and booking an appointment at the Visa Application Centre. Furthermore, you must submit your Biometrics and supporting documents at the same time.
- If there are two of you who want to apply for a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa UK in order to set up a business you are permitted to do so as an Entrepreneur Team.
- The initial visa is valid for 3 years and 4 months.
- Extend your visa for a further 3 years.
- Permitted to bring your family as dependants.
- You may apply for Tier 1 Indefinite Leave to Remain after 5 years.
- Accelerated Settlement – Providing you meet the conditions you may settle after 3 years.
What should I do if my Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa UK is refused?
If you have been refused you will receive a letter of decision from the Entry Clearance Officer or caseworker setting out the grounds behind the refusal. However, it is usually the quality of supporting documentation and a poor business plan which generally lets the application down. Do not take short cuts when writing your Business Plan and be cautious if engaging a third party to write it, simply to create a visa opportunity. A well thought out and structured business plan will show the ‘Genuineness‘ of your application.
Tier 1 applications are complex and therefore require expert advice from the outset. If you have recently been refused at Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa to come to the UK or If you have recently received a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa extension refusal inside the UK please call our Business Immigration Team.
Refusal rates for applications made from outside the UK are considerably higher than those made in the UK. The refusal rate for a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa made in the UK is 5% where as in 2015, applying from the United States there was a 29% refusal rate.
For more information about the Tier 1 advice and representation services we provide please click here.