Our Sole Representative Visa
A UK Sole Representative Visa is the immigration mechanism used by international companies to establish a commercial presence in London or elsewhere in the UK. Furthermore, a senior member of your company can work in the UK to initiate your commercial operations, build your brand and establish a supply chain by setting up a Branch or Subsidiary.
This visa route is no longer available to new applicants. However, those who are currently on the Sole representative visa route may continue to extend and apply for settlement under the 5-year route. However, if you switch out of this route into any of the Global Business Routes your right to apply for settlement will fall away.
How we can help
Evaluate your qualifying candidate
- We provide an initial ‘foundation’ virtual meeting to establish whether Sole Representative visa is the right route for your business to set up in the UK.
- Evaluate your qualifying candidate and ensure they are the right seniority to qualify for the Sole Representative criteria.
Advising you on the steps
- Advise, the company on the initial registration processes for setting-up a branch or subsidiary here in the UK.
- Advise the chosen overseas company employee on the specific visa requirements and business criteria to establish here in the UK
- Advise on timelines and Immigration costs as well as the types of credible investments the company might be expected to bring to the UK.
- Advise on the visa application process and what to expect during the submission phase.
- Consider and discuss initial business proposals whilst ensuring the business is compliant with UKVI qualifying criteria.
Preparing your case
- We will provide the overseas employee with a tailored list of specific documentation and will review the documentation against meeting the stringent visa requirements.
- Upload the finalised information to the online visa application and submit the finalised document bundle.
Supporting you on the way
- Brief the Employer on the full process during and after the Migrants application has been submitted.
- Liaise with UKVI officials should further enquiries be made. This could be due to having a previous Immigration history, or they may make further enquiries if the application is of a complex nature.
- Brief the migrant on the logistical process of the visa application made both inside and outside the UK right up to receiving the BRP card.
- Undertake the Migrant ‘Right to Work’ check.
Follow up consultation
- Optional follow up consultation for movement of further staff from the overseas company, to the UK entity under the approved Sponsor route via Intra Company Transfer or Skilled worker visas.
Find out how we can help you.
Our team has years of experience in UK Immigration, so why not get in touch so see how we can help you.
Sole Representative Visa FAQ's
You may bring your family members to the UK as Dependants
This visa is not designed for business owners or major shareholders
You can meet the English Language requirement by passing an exam at CFER Level A1 in Speaking and Listening.
You can apply to extend this visa for a further term, providing you continue to meet the requirements.
Once you have extended your visa and you have been inside the UK for a continuous period of 5 years you may be eligible to settle in the UK.
Once you have completed a full 5 years in this visa category and after you have held Indefinite Leave to Remain for 1 year you may apply to Naturalise.