Standard Visit Visa
The standard visit visa is an overarching visa which covers a range of visitor routes for people coming to the UK. The visit visa covers the following areas; Leisure and Tourism, Business, and Incidental Volunteering.
Approximately 300,000 visit visas are refused per annum which makes up 15% of visit visa applications in total. There is no right of appeal nor Administrative Review.
Business Visit Visa
If you are coming to the UK for business purposes and unsure whether the activities undertaken are permitted under the visit visa rules. Please read below for ‘General Activities’ under the visit visa for business purposes.
Business visit visa – General activities:
- To attend meetings, conferences, seminars, interviews;
- Give one-off or short series of talks and speeches provided these are not organised as commercial events and will not make a profit for the organiser;
- Negotiate and sign deals and contracts;
- Attend trade fairs, for promotional work only, provided the visitor is not directly selling;
- Carry out site visits and inspections;
- Gather information for employment overseas;
- Be briefed on the requirements of a UK based customer, provided any work for the customer is done outside of the UK.
Undertaking any work in the UK whether paid or unpaid under the visit visa rules is illegal. Your leave may be curtailed or you will be removed from the UK if it is discovered that you have been working. Likewise, your employer will be liable for heavy civil penalties.
As a result of this, it is important to get advice and guidance from the outset in order to avoid problems which arise from choosing the wrong visa for your circumstances. Get the confidence in making a robust application whichever the visa category. Please call us and book a Skype consultation. We provide visa advice and representation abroad.