About the Skilled Worker Visa
Skilled Worker Visa requirements have remained predominantly the same however the process and criteria have been broadened and simplified to enable sponsors to recruit and on-board their overseas migrants within faster timelines.
The Skilled Worker visa route is available for nationals from countries outside the United Kingdom. It helps UK registered companies recruit unique skills from abroad, in order to encourage business growth. The company must be an approved sponsor in order to employ migrants. If you are the chosen migrant please arrange for your employer to make contact with us to initiate the initial ‘Information gathering’ process which starts with a complimentary virtual consultation.
How we can help
Having established a Tier 2 Sponsor Licence we can help with the process of sponsoring your chosen Migrant under the Skilled Worker Visa category.
Exploring your options
- We provide an initial ‘foundation’ virtual meeting to establish whether the employer has the resources and infrastructure to sponsor under ‘Skilled worker’ route.
- We will assess the migrants’ initial documentation and the job they will undertake to ensure it meets the sponsorship and Skilled Worker criteria.
Educating you on the steps
- Advise the company of any compliance issues which may need to be resolved before employing the chosen Migrant.
- Advise the migrant on the visa process and their Suitability for the role.
- Advise on the visa application process and what to expect during the submission phase.
Preparing your case
- We will provide a tailored list of specific documentation and will review the documentation against meeting the stringent visa requirements.
- Upload the finalised information to the online visa application and submit the finalised document bundle.
Supporting you on the way
- Brief the Employer on the full process during and after the Migrants application has been submitted.
- Liaise with UKVI officials should further enquiries be made. This could be due to having a previous Immigration history, or they may make further enquiries if the application is of a complex nature.
- Brief the migrant on the logistical process of the visa application right up to collecting the BRP card in the UK.
• Undertake the Migrant ‘Right to Work’ check on behalf of the employer.
Find out how we can help you.
Our team has years of experience in UK Immigration, so why not get in touch so see how we can help you.
Skilled Worker FAQ's
For up to 3 years; the initial skilled worker visa costs £464 and the same for a dependant.
For up to 5 years; to apply from outside the UK the fee is £1220, to apply to switch or extend inside the UK is £1408 and the same cost for dependants.
You may bring your family here as dependants, they will be granted leave in-line with your visa.
Under the new rules you may apply for a skilled worker extension for a long as you remain in the UK and meet the requirements or until you reach settlement.
You can apply for Settlement once you have reached 5 years of continuous leave, and this rule applies to your dependants also. However you must meet the Indefinite Leave to Remain requirements to qualify.
Once you have graduated from a UK University and you have successfully been recruited by a UK company, you may apply to switch in country. It is important to note that your potential employer will require a Sponsor Licence in order to sponsor you under the Skilled Worker category. If your employer doesn’t have a licence, ask them to contact us for an initial discussion about Sponsorship, we would be very happy to assist where we can.
Our Business team understand the timelines and administration involved when applying for a skilled worker visa, we would be really happy to discuss your options with you.